I Don't Care They Aren't Mine

Best Blogger Tips


This is something I heard someone say when talking about the twins living with us. In my ranting blog I questioned my motives in caring for the twins. My biggest question is...what would you do?

Would you give children back to their parents (not that they are asking or even calling about the children) when they are both unemployed, the father may be without a place to live soon and utilities turned off today. One of my family members says send them back so he will know how it feels to struggle. The people more closely related in blood to these children have that mindset. How can you make the children suffer? Doesn't make sense to me. I just hate the idea of them being neglected and mistreated, but they aren't mine.

I tend to think people forget about the heart of the matter. Sure I am tired. The children I get paid for keeping are here at 5:30 & 6:30 in the morning until at least 6 or 8 in the evening. The twins are here all night and day and busy. Sometimes my mind is dead and I would love a quiet day just so I could work on my writing. What would you do?

2 comments:

Holli said... Best Blogger Tips

Nancy, I think it's amazing that you have the energy and the heart to do something for these kids. I thought about it and how I'd react in the situation and I must confess that I couldn't even imagine it. I think I'd feel bitterness and resentment towards their irresponsible parents. I think I'd feel protective of them and want to shield them from that. But, I can't really know because I'm not in the situation.

What I do know is that you are, blood or not, the best family these two boys have and you may very well be the deciding factor if they have the tools to succeed and fail in life. Jesus taught us to take care of and love children and you are doing His work. Do you have any legal rights in this situation? Could you have guardianship? And, weren't they neglected and delayed when they came to you? Is it safe for them to return?

One thing I know is that if you pray, God will give you the answer of how to best take care of His children.

Ey Wade said... Best Blogger Tips

I have no legal standing at all with them and I know it won't be safe to send them back.
I have been so frustrated because of the goals the boys have accomplished and hate the fact they will undoubtedly regress when they do go to whichever parent decides they want them.

In my heart I know god wants them here for whatever time, I just fear we(the girls and I) will be hurt as we were with Tobi.

Those Feeling My Voice