Comfort

Best Blogger Tips


What do you use to give yourself comfort?

I used to go in my room and listen to my 160gb Ipod "My Precious". In it were many playlists of songs to fit a variety of crisis or emotions. I depended on this ipod to keep reality at bay. When I need spiritual up lifting I could turn to it for music, videos, or video podcasts from favorite pastors. When I wanted writing tips I turned to the podcasts. My Precious showed movies from animation to inspiration and thrillers. 400 to be exact. There were podcast, tv shows...God I can't even tell you all that was in it. For some reason this crappy computer wiped it clean. I am sick. I no longer want the thing. I can't trust it to do its job. I can not trust it to be the comfort I need at any given moment.

Earlier this morning I comforted myself with the thought that it may not have been meant to be mine. Just last week I watched my youngest as she sat miserable because she was afraid her Ipod was failing and I wished I could give her a new one for her birthday. Tomorrow is her 18th birthday, I have no money to buy her anything, and My Precious is damned well new. It will make her happy.

3 comments:

Debra Harris-Johnson said... Best Blogger Tips

The best present for anyone is to cook them a meal. I find such joy in cooking for others. But it is the ultimate sacrifice because it takes time energy planning and execution. Don't forget to make "the cake". Very Important. Happy Birthday to your daughter. Is Mhia the B.D, girl?

Ey Wade said... Best Blogger Tips

Yes and unfortunately her cooking skills are so much better than mine.

Debra Harris-Johnson said... Best Blogger Tips

Remember it is the thought that counts. HAPPY B>D> MHIA!!!!!!

Those Feeling My Voice