Keys from a man's point of view

Best Blogger Tips

So, I was eating this Twix (not something I recommended after midnight) when this popped into my head..

Franklin Henderson stared at the cutting board as he sliced and diced onions and bell peppers. He amazed himself at the near misses he made at the tips of his fingers. He could hardly concentrate. The scent of her perfume filled his nostrils even above the odor of the onions. Carmella Candi. What is in a name? Everything, she was beautiful, the beautiful smooth color of caramel candy. Probably the reason her parents named her such a sweet name. He just wanted to grab her and kiss her to see if she was as sweet….

“Franklin, if you continue chopping those veggies you won’t have anything to put in your pot.” Carmella touched his left shoulder as she looked over his right. The fall of her hair fell across her brow and brushed the collar of his shirt. She pushed it back and hooked it behind her ear as she continued talking. “And if you don’t be careful, you will be adding a few fingertips. Okay class lets…” Carmella drifted away from his station to stand in the middle of the room.

Looking around subconsciously hoping no one had noticed how he was feeling, Franklin started to clean his station. The class was almost over, it would be another week before he would see her again and he still hadn’t gotten the nerves to ask her out. Setting the station in order while working out in his mind just the right scenario for asking her, he missed the end of class instructions and slowly followed the only other straggler walking out of the room. Another want to be suitor, only this guy spent most of the class openly throwing hints. Hints she was able to ignore while Franklin found himself having to restrain his every muscle from busting the guy in the head with a meat mallet. As Franklin neared the door the guy slowed to turn back around and Carmella reached out and grabbed Franklin by the sleeve of his shirt.

“Hey, Franklin can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Uh, yeah.” Franklin cleared his throat. “What’s up?”

“You can go ahead Bernard.”

“I thought I would walk you to your car.” Bernard leaned against the door’s jab.

“That’s okay. Franklin will walk me. Won’t you Franklin? I have a few things I need to discuss with him. Go on.”

Bernard slowly straightened and gave Franklin a measuring look. For a moment Franklin thought the guy was going to buck up to him and he switched his coat to his left arm. He wanted to poke his chest out, hold out his arms and give the ‘what ya gonna do’ pose, but again he restrained himself.

“Don’t worry man. I can walk her. It won’t be a problem.”...

Exciting, huh? In the last hour my mind has played out the entire romance and has them walking down the aisle. Why can't I write as fast as I think? Gotta go. I have to see what's going to happen in the parking lot. LOL

2 comments:

Laurie Kolp said... Best Blogger Tips

That was great! I can't wait to see what happens either.

I love everything you have done with your blog. It looks very classy.

Laurie

Ey Wade said... Best Blogger Tips

Why thank you Laurie, on both counts. I was on your sight earlier. I must say I voted for the other title, but can understand why you chose the one you did.

I've been writing on the story all day. Franklin seems like he is going to be really interesting.

Those Feeling My Voice