Looking for W-H-A-T on my keys

Best Blogger Tips

TODAY’S VOICE … Questioning Parental Authority… I was reading this article from a Canadian newspaper and was totally amazed at their court system. Court overturns father's grounding of 12-year-old. What ???? In this article a father grounded his 12 year old daughter from attending a school trip because he found out she was posting inappropriate pictures of herself online from a friend’s computer. This article also states the girl used a court appointed lawyer to file the case and she won. ???? How crazy is that? I wouldn’t have been able to mentally handle my own 12 year old child blatantly questioning and denying my authority so I have no idea how I would have handled the courts. Is it becoming the norm for parent’s authority to be worth nothing? I think about the California lawsuit that was trying to prohibit parents from home-schooling without a certificate. I don’t believe it was because of the lack of a certificate more than the lack of the public school system (the government) to have control of the children. If you control the child you control the parent…the family. Thank God the home-schooling community held our own. What I have gleaned from the last line of this article is that the parents have been having custody disputes for years. What was the mother thinking? Whoever helped this child to win this case did not look at the long term ramifications or the back draft. This kind of ruling could affect many families in Canada. Thank God for the rules He gave and for my living in America.

1 comments:

Debra Harris-Johnson said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh what a world we live in! I am more concerned about what the article didn't say. Who drove the kid to the lawyer's? Who put the idea in her head? It sounds to me more like ....what is up with these parents? then... the court system. Sounds like these parents invited the government into their affairs.

Those Feeling My Voice