I'm Ey Wade and I Am an Indie Author

Best Blogger Tips

I guess I should also say, and I'm not ashamed to say it. Though, from things I have read in forums on the internet and in various blogs, I should be hiding my head in the sand for the shame.

To paraphrase a conversational post from a forum, 'no one wants to read a book written by a non-college graduate with 8th or 9th grade reading level'. Wow, such harshness from individuals who aren't bound, gagged or tortured into buying a book from an Indie  author. My take on the matter, to each his own. For every one against the Indie there are two or more for us.

Not all of the self-published write poorly and not all of the traditionally published deserve to have a book published. That's just a fact, crap is crap no matter what manner it is produced. The honest truth of the matter is that I as a reader, before becoming a writer, never gave a hoot about the company that published a book. Today, as an adult, I still don't care.
I feel a rant coming on, but I'll shake it off. The other day I read someone complaining about the number of five star reviews the Indie author's receive on their books. What? Why?

Why is it alright for a traditionally published author to receive 5 stars and not any other author? Why is an Indie Author's family and friends called 'sock puppets' because they read and review books and a traditional author's reviewers are the 'legitimate' readers? is it honestly believed all of their (traditional author) reviews come from unknown sources? Ridiculous.

All I can say is this, my family and neither my friends, are illiterates. If they pay for and read my books they become legitimate reviewers and I gladly accept their opinion. Hell, I'll gladly accept the fact they thought enough of my talents to buy a book.
*shudders expressively to shake off the irritation*
My name is Ey Wade and I am an Indie Author and proud of it.


Ready for any e-reader Kindle, Smashwords , Sony or Kobo Scribed
Nook and iPad here & here.

1 comments:

Cocktail Party said... Best Blogger Tips

I love your confidence. I truly agree with you on"Not all of the self-published write poorly and not all of the traditionally published deserve to have a book published" Writers should be judged on what they write and not where they come from.

Those Feeling My Voice