Y-Have I Skipped So Many Letters?

Best Blogger Tips

I guess you're asking yourself 'why is she on the letter Y',right? It's because I missed a week of letters being lazy and avoiding the two thumb posting with my cell. I can speak of the R and S and speak of the REST I had on Easter SUNDAY. I could bring up the letter T and the terrific things that I bought on Tuesday, but no one gets excited about twenty-four rolls of ba...toilet tissue. I have nothing I can say about the letter U besides it being the perfect name for that unexpected quick turn in he middle of any street when you're lost. As for V/W. They tell a perfect story of my career's ups and downs and X marks the spot to where this post started, back to my being lazy and not wanting to do the two thumb tango.
VICTORIOUS WORDS.

Our life is filled with ups & downs. The valleys, the mountains. Its up to us to grab our crown to hold on to during the slippery rush down. If we miss, the crowns are a beacon to look up and forward to. They keep the warmth in our hearts and encourage ius to keep on going. To try a new approach to get out of the valley. I choose to use words.

When it comes to having a writing career I have been stuck in a valley ever since I took that first dive off the tip of that letter 'v'. I grabbed a crown and had to release it when I saw it as tarnished and filled with holes. Long story short-I had an incompetent agent that steered me from Ballantine books and towards Publish America. The things we don't know for ourselves can destroy us if we let it. Needless to say if I had known 'who Ballantine and the editor were I would have gone with them. Had I known the agent was hooked with PA....anyway I fought and had my contracts returned. So, for the past few years I have been down looking up, but towards the past and whining about what could have been. If I struggled to climb out of the valley (by sending out queries for old and new projects)the rejections knocked me back down. So I have decided to follow a new path. I refuse to follow (all of the time)every rule made by man. If I had I would have failed at many things.

I have learned to format my manuscripts for Smashwords and Amazon and have put 7 books up which are now in multiple reading formats which can be read on e-readers and sold through Amazon http://amzn.to//wade-inbooks and other bookstores. I have my author profile on Smashwords where 50% of each book can be read. Whoohoo, when all else fails God will reach down and pull us up.
The reason I chose to use 'Ey ' as my alias is because it reminds me of who I am. They are the middle initials of my daughters and myself. Without them I have no purpose.
                                                                                                                                               

Checkout my books. They're ready for any e-reader Kindle, Smashwords , Sony or Kobo, Scribed
Nook and iPad here & here.



Interviews with the characters and more information can be read at my site IN THE CHAIR. Please stop by, see who is in the chair and what they have to share.

I must give thanks to JA Konrath and his posts on Kindle books. He is making awesome selling paths on his self-published e-books and is willing to share his knowledge.

4 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Ey ~
A little late and too tired to write anything clever...like your post though...which IS clever...and heartwarming too. Just wanted to say "hi."

Kathy

Ey Wade said... Best Blogger Tips

@M Kathy Brown
Hi, I've been seeing you on the fly on Facebook.Glad to know you're still around.

nutschell said... Best Blogger Tips

well, better late than never I say. :)
Great meeting you through the A-Z!

nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Arlee Bird said... Best Blogger Tips

We live and learn as they say. Sounds like you've been listening and doing the right things. Good for you!


Hope you'll join us for The A to Z Challenge Reflections Post on Monday May 2nd.

Lee

Those Feeling My Voice