Knowledge

Best Blogger Tips


is for what we dislike knowing. When I was looking for an image of the letter 'k' I ran across a bit of its history.  The main meaning I drew out was- "give and take, with subsidiary meanings of exchange, trade, to bless and to cover."

  I had a conversation about the value placed on service by African Americans to each other. I used to think it was because I had a home-based child care center parents felt right to stiff in payment, but I was talking to a person in another profession who has suffered the same thing. She spoke of being in an organization blogging about the same matter and their summary is- some AAs believe they are entitled and have the privileged to get 'breaks or discounts' because they are of the same race. I think it is a lack of respect and outright thievery. And tends to show how some don't value a person by their profession, but by their color.


  is for what we think we know. I  have always told my daughters three things. There is nothing they can not learn. Those who teach were taught. And if you can read and try hard you can have the knowledge 'they' have.This was really to pump myself when I began home-schooling them. Here was I, a single parent without any special degrees, tired of the mind boggling issues in our public school, no extra funds for an 'umbrella school', and just stepping out in the belief I could teach my own. When I removed the eldest two from public school I can't tell you how scared I was, but I knew it was time.


 
K is for Karra (her name is really Ja Karra, but she has dropped the 'Ja') was born  6 wks early and a little bit over 3lbs. I was told she would be behind the rest of her life. God did not let me believe this. She was feisty and had to be tied down because she refused to keep IV's in her head.The first 'cognitive test they did on her at 3 wks old the attendant marveled at something  they said she shouldn't be able to do until three months old. I believe this was a sign from God. I worked with her and her sisters constantly to make sure neither of them were 'behind'. Karra (who never stops talking) started talking before one and was using words like aggravate in sentences  before she made 18 months and reading at 9th grade level in the 1st grade. As avid readers they have educated themselves well. If I had known what I know now, I would have had her and her sisters tested just to see how smart they were. I must say I never believed any of those things were for African Americans.  I even thought homeschooling wasn't legal for us. Goes to show what we think we know.


.

4 comments:

unnamed lad said... Best Blogger Tips

this is the second post in two days that i've read that referred to how others have treated them poorly in one way or another. it just proves how ignorant some really are. but it can be disheartening too.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said... Best Blogger Tips

I agree with Bud, to treat someone badly is not only cruel but Unchristain.
Good "K" BLOG.

Yvonne,

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

I love to read how people have done things that were thought to be impossible. Great post and wonderful to hear how great your girls are doing.

Wanda said... Best Blogger Tips

We see to through a glass darkly. Only one who knows all.

Those Feeling My Voice