The Keys for Playing Games

Best Blogger Tips

How Would You Teach a Child Good Sportsmanship?
Sunday we will have a kickball game after church--family day. The children's church will play the youth and whichever wins will play the singles-sans me included in this category. Yesterday, we practiced with the little kids, but were basically told to let them win. After a while I quit. I just can't see the purpose. What are the children supposed to learn? For one thing they were getting a kick out of calling us old and such not knowing we were purposely dropping balls or not picking them up. How do you teach a child good sportsmanship? Here is a video my daughter put together It was shown at church yesterday.

5 comments:

Holli said... Best Blogger Tips

Your daughter is majorly talented! That video was great.

Jessica Ferguson said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow! I loved this. Your daughter is good. :) And you're right about sportsmanship. I ran into this same thing when my daughter was in a small private middle school. They had all the little girls (except my daughter--she's never wanted to be a cheerleader) "try out" for cheerleader and ALL of them won. Ridiculous! What's the point? There are losers and winners in life, and if our kids don't know how to lose then they're in big trouble.

Good post, Nancy! And tell your daughter she's got real talent for creating movies. :) Or book trailers!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I haven't watched the video since she wanted to email it to me but thats not fair if the kids get to win. They wont be motivated to play hard if they know they'll win in the end.
Hopefully I'll get to see the game on Sunday!

Debra Harris-Johnson said... Best Blogger Tips

The video was sooo good I forgot what the post was about. The most important lesson the kids are missing out on is the art of losing. Anyone can win but it's an art to loosing. You Wades are very talented ladies.

Laurie Kolp said... Best Blogger Tips

It is so very important to teach kids to be a good sport. It's a wonderful lesson that will carry them through life. Kudos to you!!!
Laurie :)

Those Feeling My Voice